Easy Lemon Cookies
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package lemon cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar for decoration
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Pour cake mix into a large bowl. Stir in eggs, oil, and lemon extract until well blended. Drop teaspoonfuls of dough into a bowl of confectioners' sugar. Roll them around until they're lightly covered. Once sugared, put them on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 6 to 9 minutes in the preheated oven. The bottoms will be light brown, and the insides chewy.
- Okay for some reason every time I try to move to another paragraph I just keep getting numbers for additional steps in the baking instructions. Whatever...
- Mine took the whole 9 minutes to bake which surprised me since I usually have to take things out of my oven just a little early. They came out looking exactly like the picture but then flattened as they cooled. I don't know if they were supposed to do that or not but they did. They were tasty and lemony though and my guests seemed to like them. My husband wanted to keep eating the dough without baking them because it was yummy. So I think it is a keeper recipe.
- And if you don't happen to have lemon extract on hand, the site it came from had substitutions people used in their comments. Some people suggested refrigerating the dough which might be helpful but doesn't make the recipe quite as quick as the original. I might try that next time but I didn't really have trouble with the dough this time. I just used a scoop to make the balls to roll in the sugar.