Sunday, September 16, 2018

Today's #fallintobooks challenge is to share favorite books that have been made into movies.  Again there are too many to choose just one so here are a few...

The most recent one was The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
by Mary Ann Shaffer & Annie Barrows
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society What a crazy title for a book but I enjoyed it and the movie.

Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery is a favorite of mine. My mother introduced me to the movie which made me want to read the books.  I'm just sad I missed out on them in my youth...
The Complete Anne of Green Gables Boxed Set (Anne of Green Gables, #1-8) Anne of Green Gables Poster

Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
I loved this book as a youth and have read it so many times.  Also loved the movie.

Little Women (Little Women, #1)Image result for little women cast

Another classic I didn't discover until adulthood is The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde
The movie is a family favorite. Lost count of how many times we've watched it.
The Importance of Being EarnestImage result for the importance of being earnest movie


For a bit of silliness there is Austenland by Shannon Hale
We are reading this for book group this month and watching the movie together.
Austenland (Austenland, #1)Image result for austenland movie


And my favorites of all--All of Jane Austen's works
Don't even ask me which version of the movies are my favorites.  I have multiple versions of most of them and like them all.  I keep hoping someone will make a new version of Northanger Abbey to add to my collection.
Pride and PrejudiceSense and Sensibility

EmmaPersuasion


Mansfield ParkNorthanger Abbey


#fallintobooks  #BookstoMovies




No comments: