Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Thankgiving post 2

I was up quite late last night and slept late this morning.  When I woke up it was soooo cold in my room that my feet were cold under the bedding as was the skin on my arms, my nose, ears etc.... I felt the cold despite having a cat snuggled up to me which generally puts off a lot of heat.   We have electric ceiling cable heat (not a great heating choice in my opinion) so each room has a separate heat thermostat (the one good part about this heating system).  We don't use much heat in our bedroom because we like it cool.  Today was a little too cool since it was 16* outside then. I don't know what the low temp was during the night. (We are up to 20* while I write this). So this brings me to what I am thankful for today.

Flannel Sheets!  It amazes me how much warmer they are than regular sheets.  I love my flannels in the winter weather.  So today the flannels move from the linen closet to the bed and  I am thankful to own flannel sheets. I'm also thankful that I haven't needed them until November.  Typically we would need them much earlier but our fall has been kinda mild.

No comments: